#OnThisDay In 1897, Fairfield Library was dedicated. The building was intially built as the Parkside Unitarian Church until they moved out in 1912. It served as a chapel for a few other congregations until coming into ownership of the Buffalo Public Library in 1924. It became the Fairfield Library and ran as a library until 2005.

The ornate interior and large opulent windows represent a period of time where building had character and care. The building was later bought by a private company in 2005 and was subsequently turned into apartments, saving the historic building!