The Carnegie was originally built in 1903 as a Library that was gifted to the City of North Tonawanda by Andrew Carnegie. The building opened in December 5, 1904 and served as a public library for over 70 years. Since 1975, the building has functioned as the Carnegie Art Center providing artistic programming for the North Tonawanda community and beyond. The building features many of the original neo-classical architectural features from 1904, is listed individually on the State and National Register of Historic Sites, and is a Local Landmark building within the Sweeney Estate National Historic Register District.
Locations: North Tonawanda