In 1946, Mr & Mrs Carl & Greta Anderson, both of Swedish descent, opened Anderson’s Frozen Custard on White Plains Blvd, Bronx, NY. Homesick for their families in Buffalo, they returned to open their 2nd custard stand on Kenmore Avenue in 1947. Hard work & quality soon earned them a great reputation and allowed them to replace the small stand with a larger one on Sheridan Drive in 1953. This drive-in style store still operates today. Years later, the tradition was passed on to the next generation of Anderson’s who have since opened several restaurants and a food truck all in WNY.
Locations: 2235 Sheridan Dr, Kenmore, NY 14223, 6075 Main St, Williamsville, NY 14221, 2369 Niagara Falls Blvd, Amherst, NY 14228, 2634 Delaware Ave. Buffalo, NY 14216, 3724 Union Rd. Cheektowaga, NY 14225, 4855 Transit Rd. Lancaster, NY 14043